Finally some good news! Baseball is just days away in Hudson!
The HYB Board of Directors met last night to finalize a plan for the 2020 Season that will allow for children competing in the AA & AAA Divisions (8-10 years old) and the Majors Division (11-12 years old) to begin practices as early as Monday, June 15th.
The board still needs to make a determination on our T-Ball and Rookie Divisions (ages 4 through 7) and is carefully reviewing options on how a season could run under existing guidance for those levels. We expect to make an announcement for those divisions by next weekend.
Phase 1 - PRACTICES:
- HYB has adopted new guidelines under Phase 1 of NH's guidance on Amateur & Youth Sports, which allows for practices outside in small training groups of 10 or less. These new guidelines can be found on our Facebook page and at the following link: Hudson Youth Baseball COVID-19 Procedures
- In addition, we have worked closely with the Hudson Fire Department on creating a new training program for coaching staff to teach proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures and ensure the guidelines are followed.
- A new waiver outlining the possible risks of being exposed to and contracting the COVID-19 virus while participating in our league must be signed and returnd by a parent/guardian or each player. Families will be receiving a copy of this waiver prior to their first practice.
Phase 2 - GAMES:
- Phase 2 allows for scrimmages and games - and is expected soon provided conditions in the state continue in a positive direction.
- HYB has tentatively scheduled Opening Day for Saturday 6/27 provided the state has already entered Phase 2. This date will have to be pushed back if needed.
IMPORTANT!!! - ANY family who wishes to sign their children up to play baseball this season MUST register no later than Saturday 6/13/2020 for all levels. Division Directors and coaches for the AA, AAA and Majors Divisions will be meeting the following night to form teams. Every team should plan to start practices the week of June 15th.
If you had already registered at any point in January, February or March 2020 it is NOT necessary to register again. Only those who hadn't registered yet must do so by this Saturday. The only additional paperwork that must be completed prior to the start of the season is an updated waiver form, as mentioned above.
If you're reading this please spread the word to as many Hudson families as possible by posting on your own Facebook pages or other social media sites. We need to get the message out as quickly as possible for registration so we can get an accurate count of players for teams. With many fall sports still in limbo, this is a great chance for families to get their children some outside activity during the summer months!
Let's play ball!
Hudson Youth Baseball
NOTE: In the event HYB is forced to cancel the season due to the COVID-19 virus, full refunds will be offered to every family with a registered player.